Friday, October 10, 2008

Apple Picking



Today we went apple picking with our MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers) group at the Eastmont Orchards in Colts Neck. Although by the looks of all my pictures it looks more like we went pumpkin picking--which you can do there also. But today was just apples, the pumpkins just provide good photo ops. The day started kind of crazy as I locked us out of our house as we were trying to leave--which meant I didn't have my car keys either. I was pretty calm about it actually, and remembered that I leave the basement windows open. So I tore off the screen and pretty much fell into the basement. How I didn't break the window (it opens inward) or myself is a miracle.





It couldn't have been a more perfect day for being out in the orchards. It was sunny and clear and I think like 70 degrees. Mary was insistent upon carrying my pajama shirt with her all through the orchards. (We had to carry it through the commissary the other day too. Most of her attachments don't seem to last too long--hopefully this one doesn't for sure). We picked some Golden Delicious, some red ones that I don't remember what they are called, and some Crispins. They look delicious! Mary carried the bag until it became too heavy and then she just wrapped herself in my pajama shirt and we walked to the check out and to the car. I think all that walking through the orchards tired her out because as soon as we drove away she fell asleep. It was really fun and we may have to go back to pick some pumpkins and maybe more apples. Maybe if I am feeling ambitious I will bake some yummy apple desserts. Hmm...we'll see.























No comments: