Sunday, December 13, 2009

She DId It!

Okay so I haven't blogged in almost a whole year! I need to get back in the groove and get blogging! Well so today Mary finally sat on Santa's lap! She has been frightened of Santa (as most children are) since--well since I tried to put her on his lap when she was three months old. This year Mary "gets" the whole Christmas thing. Last year she was excited about decorating the tree and opening presents for a little while, but she had no concept of time and didn't really understand. I think this year she has learned a lot more about Christmas at her pre-school and from her friends there. She helped decorate the tree. It's so cute because all the non-breakable ornaments are all clumped together on the bottom half of the tree. My mom, Joe, Skyler and Christine, and Dustin were all here over Thanksgiving. We took Mary to see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. I was a little unsure that Mary would be able to sit for ninety minutes, but I think she was in awe and loved it! We went to a later show so I couldn't tell if she was tired or just super enthralled by it. However almost every day since we went she says, "Remember the patacular show?" It's so cute!

I have been trying to get Mary excited about sitting on Santa's lap. She told me she wants Santa to bring her a pink phone (where she came up with that, I have no idea). So I told her that she has to tell Santa what she wants. How else will he know that she wants a pink phone. So she has been psyching herself up all week. She says to me, "I am not gonna be scared of Santa" and "I am not gonna be shy anymore with Santa." Well this morning we joined the Eyerman's and the Joyce's for breakfast with Santa at the Little Silver Fire Hall. When Santa came in, Mary did shrink back a little and wanted me to hold her, especially the closer we got to Santa. Little Louise took Mary by the hand and took her up to see Santa. Louise helped Mary to be brave to see Santa. Santa asked Mary what she wanted for Christmas and Mary told him quietly a pink phone. Then she sat on his lap for the picture and for a candy cane. Here's the picture. It's not the best, but I think she was nervous. She also just drank a glass of red punch and so she has a lovely red mustache.

No comments: